Click to read about the best places to eat on campus, freshman packing tips, and how to keep in touch with friends.

Bulls look to continue win streak

ORACLE PHOTO

USF (4-5-1) will travel this weekend to take on SMU (5-4-1) Saturday night in Dallas.

The Bulls are riding a two-game win streak and are hoping to execute their game plan against SMU to keep that streak going.

“I think we will be prepared, we had a good week of training,” coach Bob Butehorn said. “We will compete as hard as we can and would love to get a result.”

Last season, USF was able to tie SMU at home, but this year will be a different experience for the team as they have to travel on the road for this match-up.

“We are on the road, so it will be a little different,” Butehorn said. “I think I only have one guy that has ever been to SMU and played. It will be a new experience for our guys, hopefully we can get a result.”

SMU won the AAC championship last year and had a lot of veteran players on their roster who aren’t on the roster this time around. However, there are a few players that the USF head coach feels they need to watch out for.

“The kid up top, [Garrett] McLaughlin, is good and they have a kid at midfield, [Emil] Cuello, who is quite good,” Butehorn said. “I think there is a couple pieces they have that are good, the center back number 24 [Maples] is pretty good. He is young, but he has done well for them.”

The Bulls feel they have prepared themselves fully, even though this will be a new experience for most of the team. With a week of preparation, along with a different look to SMU this year, they are confident going forward in to Thursday nights game.

“Kevin [Hudson] is a good coach, and he has a lot of passion for the university,” Butehorn said. “I think he has a good team, but maybe not at the same caliber as last year. I think we will be prepared, we had a good week of training, and we will go to execute our game plan the best we can. We will compete as hard as we can and would love to get a result.”