Click to read about the best places to eat on campus, freshman packing tips, and how to keep in touch with friends.

Men’s soccer schedule announced for 2023 season

USF men’s soccer will look to add to their three-game winning streak over Charlotte in 2023. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

South Florida men’s soccer schedule for the 2023 season was released on Wednesday, showcasing eight opponents who competed in the 2022 College Cup.

In 2022, the Bulls went 9-7-4 before losing in the first round of the AAC Tournament. However, they made it to the second round of the College Cup tournament. USF was picked to host Hofstra in the first round, marking its first appearance in the NCAA tournament since 2019. After beating the Pride 4-2, the Bulls went to No. 1 Kentucky before leaving in a blowout 4-0 loss.

USF is set to face College Cup participants in the 2023 season including runner-up No. 2 Indiana. They will also see No. 11 Washington, No. 13 Clemson and No. 18 SMU who lasted until the second round of the tournament last season. No. 19 FIU and No. 15 Tulsa, who were taken out in the third round, will see South Florida this year. Elon and Memphis, who both lost in the first round, will also play the Bulls.

The Bulls’ season kicks off with three exhibitions at home. South Florida will see Southeastern on Aug. 10 and University of Tampa on Aug. 14 at the 44th Annual Mayor’s Cup/Rowdies Cup. The Bulls have not seen the Spartans since losing 1-0 at home in 2012. While UCF is no longer a member of the AAC, USF will still face off the Knights in their third exhibition on Aug. 17.

Seattle will host the Bulls on Aug. 24 in their season opener. USF will remain on the road and take on Washington on Aug. 27.

On Sept. 1, South Florida will return to Corbett Stadium for five games straight, starting off with Mercer. Indiana will visit on Sept. 8, Clemson on Sept. 12 and Elon on Sept. 17. The Bulls will then play their first conference game of the season against SMU on Sept. 22.

Before continuing with conference play, USF will travel up the road to DeLand to face off Stetson on Sept. 26, which will be its first time traveling to the Hatters’ home field since 2007.

A trip to Miami will resume matches with American opponents for the Bulls on Sept. 30 with a contest with FIU. This will be the first time the two compete since the Panthers ended the Bulls’ 2022 season in a 2-0 loss. South Florida will then travel to Oklahoma on Oct. 4 to face Tulsa.

Teetering between being at home and the road, South Florida will take on Charlotte at Corbett Stadium on Oct. 8 and then Temple on Oct. 14 in Philadelphia. Following the Owls, the Bulls will face the Blazers in Tampa on Oct. 21 and then travel to Memphis on Oct. 27. USF closes its regular season in Corbett against FAU on Nov. 1.

Last season, the Bulls ended with a five-game winning streak that was halted in the American Athletic Conference Tournament against FIU. In 2023, the first round of the tournament is set for Nov. 5, the semi-finals will take place on Nov. 9 and the championship will occur on Nov. 12. The location of the tournament is still to be determined.