Click to read about the best places to eat on campus, freshman packing tips, and how to keep in touch with friends.

USF quarterback Gerry Bohanon enters transfer portal

Bohanon has not suited up for the Bulls since his injury against Tulane last season. ORACLE PHOTO/ALEXANDRA URBAN

After not playing a single game this season, senior quarterback Gerry Bohanon’s time at USF has come to an end.

Bohanon announced on his Instagram on Tuesday that he is entering the transfer portal as a graduate student. 

He has one more year of collegiate eligibility. The transfer portal opens on Dec. 4. 

“I am extremely thankful for my time and the opportunities that I have had here in Tampa,” Bohanon said. “I’m excited for the next chapter in my football career.”

Bohanon was the Bulls’ starting quarterback last season. He transferred to USF on May 8, 2022, after three seasons at Baylor.

He suffered a season-ending shoulder injury last year against Tulane on Oct. 15, 2022, and has not played since.  

Bohanon threw for 2,200 yards and 18 touchdowns while at Baylor in 2021, leading the Bears to a victory over Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl. 

He started in seven games for the Bulls last season, passing for 1,060 yards along with six touchdowns and six interceptions. He added 386 rushing yards and three touchdowns.

Bulls coach Alex Golesh said that Bohanon’s leadership has played an “instrumental role in laying the foundation” for the program in a statement released on Tuesday.

Noah Vinsky, Staff Writer

Noah Vinsky is the sports editor for The Oracle. He’s a mass communications and psychology dual-major and started writing for The Oracle in the fall of 2022. His focus is on football, men’s basketball and the on-campus stadium development. Reach him at noahjosephvinsky@usf.edu

Profile