USF’s Byrum Brown could play against Memphis, Golesh says

Junior quarterback Byrum Brown scrambling in 50-15 loss against Miami Sept. 21 ORACLE PHOTO/ LILY FOX

USF could see its star junior quarterback Byrum Brown back to play on Saturday against Memphis.

This will be USF’s first game back since their 45-10 loss at Tulane after its first bye week.

Brown exited the game early at Yulman Stadium on Sept. 28 after taking a hit to his left leg. 

Head coach Alex Golesh provided an update on Brown during Tuesday’s press conference.

“He is working to get back, [he] was at practice today,” Golesh said. “I’d say [he’s] day-to-day, and we’ll see where he’s at here at the end of the week.”

Related: USF football game versus Memphis relocated to Orlando

The Bulls (2-3, 0-1 AAC) will host the Tigers (4-1, 0-1 ACC) at Camping World Stadium in Orlando. The game was moved there after Hurricane Milton made landfall to the west coast of Florida as a Category 3, causing flooding around Tampa.

Brown leads the team in both passing and rushing yards with 836 and 269, respectively. 

Added on to that, he has thrown two passing touchdowns and rushed for three as well.

If Brown is not available this Saturday, the Bulls could look to junior quarterback Bryce Archie to start.

He subbed in as the quarterback for the Bulls matchup at Tulane after Brown was injured.

Archie has tallied 98 passing yards, one passing touchdown and two interceptions while playing this season.

USF will host Memphis this Saturday at 3:30 p.m. at Camping World Stadium in Orlando after postponement and relocation due to Hurricane Milton.